Even though the soccer fields may still be covered with snow, planning for the 2011 outdoor soccer season is well under way! If you are looking for a fun and affordable sport for your child to play this spring this is probably it! Registration is happening at the South Leisure Center, 170 Sunset Drive and the dates and times are as follows:
Saturday March 5 , 9:00-11:00 AM
Wednesday March 9, 7:00-8:00 PM
Tuesday March 15, 7:00-8:00 PM
Late registrations are accepted with a $10.00 Late fee and this will be done Only to fill incomplete teams. Please register at one of the above dates to avoid disappointment. For more information, email our soccer coordinator or check out our soccer page
Photo by: Paeonia
We got a note from Jim Nichols at Regina South Zone Taekwon-Do about their upcoming spring sessions.
South Zone Taekwon-Do is holding three registration nights:
- March 30 and April 1st from 6PM-7PM at St. Anne’s Church Hall (1701 Cowan Crescent)
- March 31 from 4:00PM – 5:00PM at the South Leisure Centre
The spring session runs for three months and costs $125. Classes run at the same time as registration nights so if you’re a beginner, come out and try a class first.
As the picture Jim sent says, Taekwon-Do is for fun, fitness and for all ages. So give it a try!
If you have any other questions either check out their website (rsztkd.ca) or call 525-0005.
Even though there is still several feet of snow on the ground, the Regina Lazers Softball Club is taking registrations for the summer season.
The Lazers zone is Zone 1 of the Regina Minor Softball Association and they offer a fun Learn to Play program for boys and girls age 5-10 as well as a competitive girls program for ages 11-19.
Arlene Slimmon, Registrar for the club, sent me an email which mentioned that their registrations are actually due by the end of February, so it’s never too late to sign up. All the registration forms and contact information is available on their website at lazers.ca so head on over and check it out!
Photo by rbatina
Registration for the WPCA Outdoor Hockey League is Monday, November 17 at 7PM at the Balfour Arena meeting room (70 Massey Road.) The program is run by the Whitmore Park Community Association and is open to kids of all abilities aged 6-12.
The league runs from mid December to the end of February and is an extremely affordable $40.
For more information, call Patrick at 584-1218 or by email
The Outdoor Hockey League is very popular and I’m super thrilled to finally know who’s running it! We get at least 4 inquiries per year from graduates of our Mini Mite hockey program, looking for more information about the league. Luckily I ran into Patrick last week (at the rink of course) and discovered that he’s running the program. Patrick’s an awesome guy — if your child is interested in giving hockey a try, here’s a great way to get started without a huge time and money commitment!
Photo by GP (MPK)
Last week I talked about the City Program Guide, which lists all the recreational programs run by the City of Regina and city Community Associations. This week the Leader Post published a 32 page advertising supplement which features a wide array of private recreational activities. (is that the right word? Maybe “non-City’ activities?) There must be a couple hundred programs listed, but here are some that are linkable (in the order they’re listed):
Really Good Unclassifiable Programs
- Girl Guides of Canada
- Scouts Canada
- Regina Public Library offers a wide variety of children and adult programs
- Royal Saskatchewan Museum classes
- Regina Synchronized Swimming
- Regina Diving Club
- Regina Marlins Swimming
- U of R aquatics classes
- Dolphins Swim Club
- Regina Water Polo
- Regina Ringette Association
- Skate Regina learn to skate and figure skating programs
- Canlan Ice Sports skating and hockey schools
- Curl Regina offers kids and youth curling classes and leagues and an Olympic Gold Medalist will answer your email!
- Callie Curling Club
- Tartan Curling Club
- Highland Curling Club
- Regina Boxing Club offers both contact boxing and non-contact fitness classes
- Midwest Karate
- Celis Taekwon-Do Academy
Fitness and Flexibility
Gymnastics and Gymnasiums
- South Saskatchewan Youth Orchestra
- U of R Conservatory music classes
- Music for Young Children
- Rhythm and Rhymes Muic Studio: Suzuki Early Childhood Music Classes
Drama and Dance
- Youth Ballet Company of Saskatchewan
- Globe Theatre drama and theatre classes
- Regina Ballroom Dancing Club
- Regina Lyric Light Opera
- Martin School of Dance and Baton Twirling
- Class Act Performing Arts Studios
- Artrageous Minds drawing classes