Power Skating & Hockey Skills
About LCA Power Skating
Tuesday, Sept 10, 2013 at 7pm
Lakeview School — 3100 20th Ave
** Please Refer back to Website closer to Registration Date for Program Listings and Details **
LCA Power Skating is designed for hockey players who want to take their skating to the next level! Small class sizes, great instructors and hard work will help you improve your game!
Instruction will emphasize 2 specific skills sets:
- Power Skating: Balance, stride, acceleration, starting and stopping, foot position, turning, pivoting, transition, edge control and backwards skating
- Hockey Skills Development:: passing & receiving, puck control, shooting, checking, systems position and conditioning.
The sessions are created to be age appropriate.
2 sessions offered:
Session 1: Novice & 1st Year Atom (age 7-9) – Max: 22 skaters per session
Session 2: 2nd Year Atom & Pee Wee (age 10+) – Max: 22 skaters per session
Participants must have hockey experience and will have participated in last year’s Minor Hockey Association as well as be registered for the upcoming season.
- Completion of any Learn to Skate or equivalent level is an asset.
- Participant must be able to move forward by gliding/skating and balance should be satisfactory.
- Participant should be able to skate backward and turn comfortably
- Full Hockey Gear is required including stick.
- Please bring water bottle.
** For players wanting to continue to learn skating basics LCA offers a Learn to Skate program
** For players ages 6 and under, LCA offers a Mini Mites Program
Photo Credit: lori05871 on Flickr