The Lakeview Community Association (LCA) is in the process of making some new additions to Lakeview Park (on the corner of Montague St. and McCallum Ave). We hope to make it a place where people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds can safely gather, play, move around, relax and enjoy some time outdoors all year round.
In the fall of 2017, LCA administered a survey to community groups and residents to help determine what was valued in the park and also what updates people wanted to see. We had over 220 people participate in the survey, formed a steering committee of volunteers to work with the City of Regina, and developed a proposed concept plan based on community input.
Click on the following Link to view the concept plan: Lakeview Park Concept Plan_FINAL
The City of Regina then opened an online survey for the public to fill out to provide feedback on the proposed concept plan. These are the survey results:
- 79% support the playground upgrade
- 71% support the walking trail
- 66% support the naturalized area, interior planting, site furniture
- 64% support the modular pump track
- 59% support the raised planter boxes and fruit trees
- 55% support the outdoor boarded rink upgrade
People ranked each feature in order of importance. The results for most important to lease important include:
- Playground upgrade
- Modular pump track
- Walking trail
- Naturalized area, interior planting, site furniture
- Outdoor boarded rink upgrade
- Raised planter boxes and fruit trees
See Phases of the Park Revitalization Project for Details about each phase.