Classes will resume in October 2023, registration is taking place in person September 12th 2023 from 7-8 pm at Lakeview School. Please note we will not be offering classes on Wednesdays, only the Saturday classes are available.
LCA Learn to Skate is a great way for your child to learn the basics of ice skating. Come have some fun and learn a really useful skill!
Saturday Classes – Sherry Thompson will be leading Learn to Skate classes on Saturdays at the Optimist Arena, with classes available for 4-12 year olds and for adults (18 and up).
For liability reasons, parents are NOT allowed on the ice during instruction of any LCA Learn to Skate kids classes.
Child(ren) MUST be able to be on own for the complete class. These are not parent/tot classes.
What to expect:
- We help any skater who has never skated before to be able to stand and move comfortably on the ice.
- We help to work on improving techniques for those skaters who can already move on the ice.
- We work on different skills like balance, skating forwards and backwards, starts, turns and stops.
- Masks optional for skaters as per City of Regina COVID guidelines. Do not come to the rink if parent/guardian or the skater is sick.
- Sharp skates with good ankle support, tide up tight and to the top eyelet.
- A helmet that covers the front (needs to cover the skater’s forehead) and back of a skater’s head. Bike helmets are not sufficient since they don’t offer appropriate protection for the back of the child’s head
- Regular winter mitts or gloves
- Come dressed to be on the ice for the whole class time
- Dates: Saturdays October 14th – December 9th 2023 (NO class on Nov 11)
- Times: 4-6 yrs: 3:45-4:30 p.m.; 6-12 yrs: 4:30-5:15 p.m.; 7-12 yrs: 5:15-6 p.m.
- Cost: $90 (can pay in cash, by cheque, credit card or e-transfer)
- Registration: In-person Tuesday September 12th from 7-8 p.m. at Lakeview School
Is there Financial help available?
For more information, please Contact Us
Photo Credit: lori05871 on Flickr