Classes are all done for the season! Thanks to all who participated. Check back in September for fall 2022 programming.
- Mike Harazny former Pats player with experience teaching learn to skate, hockey camps, and coached minor hockey at all age levels, and
- Zak Hicks, U of R Cougar Athlete Alumni – helped instruct this class the past 2 years as well!
Designed for children who want to take their skating and skills to the next level! Participants will learn new skills and drills in an environment that fosters sportsmanship, teamwork and most of all fun.
This 18-week program offers challenging drills and technical instruction for Hockey Players participating in Minor Hockey Levels Novice (7-8 yrs) to Pee Wee (9-12 yrs).
Small class sizes, great instructor and hard work will help you improve your game!
Instruction will emphasize 2 specific skills sets:
- Hockey Skills Development: passing & receiving, puck control, shooting, checking, systems position and conditioning.
- Skating Development: Balance, stride, acceleration, starting and stopping, foot position, turning, pivoting, transition, edge control and backwards skating
**Note: This year we will be combining the 2 age groups due to low registrations, with the 7-8 years on one half of the ice and the 9-12 years on the other half.
This program is designed for kids with some hockey experience.
- Completion of any Learn to Skate or equivalent level is an asset.
- Participant must be able to move forward by gliding/skating and balance should be satisfactory.
- Participant should be able to skate backwards and turn comfortably
- Full Hockey Gear is required including stick.
- Please bring a water bottle
- Location: Optimist Arena (222 Sunset Dr.)
- Dates: 18 classes
- Times: 7-8 yrs & 9-12 yrs from 7-8 p.m. (we will be splitting the ice in half)
- Cost: $340
- Registration: Oct 2022
For more information contact email@example.com
Is there Financial help available?
Yes, if needed, through Kidsport, at 306-780-9318
Photo Credit: Hans Rosemond Photography