Instructors: Todd Johnson and U of R Cougar Athletes
Designed for boys and girls who want to take their skating and skills to the next level! Participants will learn new skills and drills in an environment that fosters sportsmanship, teamwork and most of all fun.
This 19 week program offers challenging drills and technical instruction for Hockey Players participating in Minor Hockey Levels Novice to Pee Wee.
Small class sizes, great instructor and hard work will help you improve your game!
Instruction will emphasize 2 specific skills sets:
1) Hockey Skills Development:: passing & receiving, puck control, shooting, checking, systems position and conditioning.
2) Skating Development: Balance, stride, acceleration, starting and stopping, foot position, turning, pivoting, transition, edge control and backwards skating
This program is designed for kids with some hockey experience.
- Completion of any Learn to Skate or equivalent level is an asset.
- Participant must be able to move forward by gliding/skating and balance should be satisfactory.
- Participant should be able to skate backward and turn comfortably
- Full Hockey Gear is required including stick.
- Please bring water bottle.
- For program details, see the Program Dates and Times page.
- To register, please attend our registration night
- For more information, please Contact Us