The Lakeview Community Association (LCA) is looking for a Learn to Skate lead instructor to teach and supervise our LTS program on Wednesday evenings for ages 3-12 yrs and 16+ with help from three assistants. (For a brief description of our past program see here: lcaregina.ca/info/learn-to-skate)
- The program runs on Wednesdays from 5:00-7:00 p.m. from Oct 13-Dec 8 2021 & a second session Jan 12-Mar 9 2022 (9 classes per session).
- Within this time slot in the past classes ran as follows – but if a new lead instructor wanted to modify this structure, we are open to discussing:
- 5:-5:30 p.m.: 3-4 years
- 5:30-6 p.m.: 3-4 years
- 6-6:30 p.m.: 5-6 years
- 6:30-7 p.m.: 7-12 years on half the ice and adults on the other half
- At the Balfour Arena (68 Massey Rd) in Regina, SK
- $40.00/hour including class time and 3 hours planning time.
- At least 1 year experience teaching a learn to skate or similar program for children.
- An up-to-date criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening.
- Ability to plan a 9 class learn to skate program for ages 3 and up.
- Good with children.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Good planning, organizational, and supervisory skills.
- Proficient in using email.
- Able to work well with others.
Other things to note:
- The lead instructor will organize and supervise the work of the three assistants. LCA will assist in identifying possible assistants and will hire the assistants.
- LCA volunteers will manage registrations and assist with program organization if needed.
- Program profits go towards community projects.
- We offer the program at a low registration fee to help remove barriers to participation.
If interested in applying, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 10th at 12:00 p.m.